Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:00 AM
Add this event to Outlook
Sunday, October 23, 2011
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Four Points Sheraton Hotel
The NECC is filled to capacity.
Registration is now closed.
Registration, Breakfast and the Gluten Free Mall opens.
Welcome and Keynote Speakers
Q & A
Buffet Lunch plus GF shopping and sampling
More GF shopping and sampling.
Our keynote speakers' panel will be moderated by Dr. Ciaran Kelly, Director and Founder of the Celiac Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Plus - "It's Not Just About Gluten: Optimizing Nutrition on a Gluten Free Diet." with Registered Dieticians Laurie A. Higgins and Nixie Raymond
Plus - A sumptuous breakfast, lunch and snack for each attendee, all GF of course.
Plus - 50+ tables of vendors (the Gluten Free Mall) with products to sample and purchase.
Plus - Your choice of 2 out of 8 afternoon workshops covering medical issues, nutrition, cooking, research and travel. (All workshops will be offered twice: Once at 2 p.m. and again at 3:15 p.m. You can select a different workshop for each session.)
- “Medical Management of Celiac Disease – A Physician’s Perspective” with Dr. Ciaran Kelly
- “Participating in Research – What’s in it for me?”with Dan Leffler, MD, MS
- “Cooking and Baking with Gluten Free Grains” by cooking expert and author of 8 gluten free cookbooks, Carol Fenster
- “Nutritional Supplements for Celiac Disease:What You Need to Know” presented by Christine Doherty, ND, and Melinda Dennis, MS, RD, LDN
- “Dueling Kitchens – How to convert recipes to gluten free using a variety of methods” with Chef and cookbook author Rebecca Reilly & Beth Hillson, founder of the Gluten Free Pantry
- “Gluten-Free ‘Reservations’; How to Dine Safely in a Restaurant or Commercial Food Setting”, with Chef and cookbook author Robert Landolphi, and Tracy Keegan, past president of the Children’s Hospital Celiac Support Group
- “Traveling Gluten Free – Tips for planning trips”, with Janet Rinehart, former president CSA/USA, and Chair of the Houston Texas Celiac Support Group
- “Flat-Out Fun! Planning Gluten Free Meals” with Chef and cookbook author Jules Shephard
Early Bird Pricing is in effect until September 10th:
$45 for Healthy Villi Members and each accompanying family member
$65 for non-members
Full Pricing after September 10th:
$55 for Healthy Villi Members and each accompanying family member
$75 for non-members
We are offering seven (7) Continuing Education credits for Registered Dieticians for an additional $20.
Registration is now CLOSED!